When the French army wanted a military backpack, they didn’t just want it to be a backpack. So, they made it a duffel bag too. Thus, the French F1 Rucksack, issued even to the famed Foreign Legion, was made.
This may be one of the most versatile packs we’ve seen with over 70L of capacity, adaptable heavy canvas straps for carrying on your shoulders or back, side handles for conversion to a duffel bag, two side pockets, and two exterior pouches. The pack is durable and welcomes modification with a rubberized, weatherproof exterior, straps for tying more gear, and the ability to collapse for lighter loads. It can extend as well if you have a chimney — the pack’s closing straps were given extra length to accommodate.
Shoulders, back, side handles — carry what you need, how you need it, and where you need it.
- Carrying capacity of over 70L with internal divider
- Main compartment with internal divider
- Two exterior document pouches (front and back of pack)
- Two side pockets
- Collapsible for lighter loads
- Turns into a duffel bag for versatility, complete with side handles
- Extendable with a chimney, build with extra-length closing straps
- Water-resistant rubberized-vinyl straps and exterior
- Closure with D-ring loop
- Straps for securing other equipment
- Padded straps for shoulders and back
- Dual drawstrings for fastening
Rucksacks are in great condition with no holes, tears, or stains. As authentic military surplus, some dirt and other signs of long-term storage may be noticeable on arrival. These should disappear with a bit of cleaning.