Patrol Incident Gear, or PIG makes an incredibly popular line of gloves with dexterity as their chief concern - taking 'fits like a glove' to a whole new level. They're well-respected by special forces around the world, and have been trailblazers in the tactical glove market.
A common complaint among shooters is the lack of dexterity when interfacing with handguns. the slight looseness of many gloves doesn't lend itself well to manipulating a handgun as well as your bare hands do, but the immediate safety benefits that gloves bring while handling firearms are important. PIG devised several models that directly addressed this issue by making a tight fitting and extremely dexterous design allowing more confident gun handling with almost no safety sacrifices.
The 'Alpha' (their most popular) and 'Bravo' (much harder to find) gloves are their more hard wearing traditional combat gloves. The 'Bravo' features an FR construction for much more resistance to hot barrels, but both are incredibly well-featured (using alpha gloves for example)
- Conductive Thumb and Trigger Finger material - Maximum reliability for touch screen use without losing tactile dexterity.
- Single Layer Multi-Piece Palm - Designed specifically so that only one layer of material contacts your shooting grip.
- Sensitized and Isolated Trigger Finger - The thinnest available Clarino™ material available, only on the trigger finger for ultimate sensitivity.
- Selective Forschette Material - Inside forschettes are ventilated for maximum wicking. Outer forschettes are Clarino™ for durability.
- Low Profile Hook Closure - Reduces abrasion on clothing.
- Flex Joints - Enhanced flexibility and ventilation on each finger.
- Dual Flex Joint Trigger Finger - Providing maximum flexibility where you need it most.
- Bar-Tacked Para Cord Pull Loop.
- Short Cuff - Lightweight comfort and convenience.
- Micro Suede Nose Wipe* - Fights against cold-weather drip. *Multicam/Multicam Black models do not have the Micro Suede Nose Wipe in deference to having more Multicam patterned material.
- Ventilation holes in Palms and Fingers - Increased wicking.
- Isolated Edge Padding - Protection without compromising the shooting grip.
- Wrap-Over Finger Tips - Provides additional comfort and protection for finger nails.
- Stretch Ballistic Nylon 1000D Padded Knuckles - Stretch ballistic nylon reduces pressure on the seams, thin padding takes the edge off of impacts.
The 'Charlie' gloves are the women's sized variants of the 'alpha' line. And the nicest part about them is that they don't have an obnoxious "THIS IS FOR WOMEN, LOOK ITS PINK" indicator anywhere so if you're a guy with smaller hands, taking a look at what women's sizes we have available isn't a bad idea (be sure to measure and consult the size chart provided by PIG).
Of course, gloves are inherently a consumable. As pig says, these won't survive the apocalypse, but they'll take you pretty far. They're probably one of our favorite commercially available glove designs, and we're glad that we were at least able to get a small batch...
- Designed in the USA by PIG
- Extremely high dexterity vs other options on the market
- (see many of the features above)
These gloves are new-old-stock with tags still in their original factory-fresh condition.