We were lucky to get our hands on this shipment; it's very rare for such a classic and widely distributed item to survive factory new for so long. All of these parkas are brand new and arrived in the original unopened factory bulk packaging.
About the M65
Almost immediately after being introduced during the Vietnam War, the M65 parka was cemented into the collective unconsciousness of the Western world. It is the military parka everyone and their mother knows. The design reigns king — like the AK47, the iPhone, and the McDonald's hamburger, some version of the M65 will be made until the end of time.
The Austrians have been making their virtually identical clone of the US M65 for some time now. In the past we've stocked their heavy cotton M65 — one of our all-time most popular products. This version is the generation after that, upgraded with modern synthetic waterproofing.
Sleek, sexy, and ready for rough stuff, it's a heavy jacket that'll shrug off whatever you (and nature) can throw at it. If you want a jacket you'll have for the rest of your life on this Earth and for the next three generations of your family, this is it.
These parkas come in two membrane types: PTFE GPTFE Gore-Tex and Sympatex.
Goretex was invented in the 1970's by Robert and Wilbert Gore, a father and son scientist duo. They found when you quickly stretched a heated rod of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) it formed a breathable, light, waterproof membrane. After some experimentation they patented the fabric and years later it made its way into the liner of these jackets.
Not looking to be upstaged, German manufacturer Sympatex created their own line of waterproof fabric membrane. Made out of a "monolithic polymer" it breathes by absorption and evaporation. It's thinner and weighs less. We've noted no difference between the two in breathability or waterproofing, but Sympatex is made of recycled materials.
- Outer shell: 50% cotton / 50% polyester
- Membrane: 100% PTFE Gore-Tex or Sympatex
- Membrane carrier: 100% polyamide
- Lining: 100% polyamide
- Zipper-secured closure with double-panel snap storm flap
- Four large front pockets
- Cinch cord at hips
- Two zippered inside pockets
- Elastic snap cuff straps with three settings
- Zippered cavity on collar containing a pop-out hood fitted with a cinch cord
- With hood stored and parka fully zipped, collar covers the entirety of the neck with style
Condition and Care
- These parkas are all factory new, and were shipped to us in their original bulk packaging
- Tag states to retreat non-Gore-Tex material after each wash.