Almost immediately after our Alpenflage parkas arrived, the crowds of casserole-camo obsessed surplus enjoyers demanded we get more. Well, ask and you shall receive.
In fall and early winter foliage, Alpenflage excels. It was designed to match the conditions of the swiss alps, so there's no better time of year to don it. Outside of it's function as camouflage, it's gained massive popularity in the secondhand surplus market since it became available in the 90s.
Like the parka, it's main party piece is the absurd pockets. The extra-large cargo pockets on the pants have internal dividers for magazines and higher up on the pants there's thru-pockets to access layers underneath. The cargo pockets are so robust they can handle heavier objects like grenades being shoved in, because if you're in the swiss alps, what the hell are you doing without your 4 frag grenades, amirite? Don't be afraid to really jam-pack them full of goodies for your pizza-camo fueled expeditions.
They're made out of the same durable machine-washable nylon/cotton mix as the parka, has reinforced knees, straps on the legs to adjust for sizing and compression, and built-in blousing straps. Additionally, they feature wide & comfy suspenders, a robust zippered fly, and snaps to adjust the waist size.
- Durable, machine-washable cotton/nylon mix
- Five buttoned fly (has multiple columns for waist adjustment)
- Two large snap-secured cargo pockets with internal dividers
- front zippered thru-pockets
- One back pocket
- Built-in boot blousing straps
- Integrated suspenders
- Thigh compression straps
Sizing for these pants is the typical Waist/inseam system, both in native metric sizing in centimeters (disgusting), and glorious translated Imperial inches. Also to note is the adjustability of the suspenders which allows the pants to ride as high (or as low) as you'd like them to, and the waist snaps and fly buttons which allow the pant waist to be tightened or loosened depending on the users waist size.
Model is 6' tall, with a 34" waist. He wears a 46/80 comfortably.
- Lightly used and well cared for.
- Alpenflage Pattern remains vibrant.
- Perfectly functional with either minor or no cosmetic blemishes, abrasions, or other signs of use.
- Alpenflage Pattern may be slightly worn.
- Waterproofing panels may be worn.
- Minor cosmetic blemishes, abrasions, or other signs of use. This includes fabric repairs done in the field.
- May exhibit writing and/or markings, including rank, serial numbers, etc.