From the land of the Glock, these pants "just work" and work... and keep on working. In fact, the co-founder of KommandoStore (pictured) wore his pair daily for a multi-year period between late 2015 and early 2018. Now you might be saying "that's a little autistic Ivan" and you would be right — but no one has ever faulted autistic people for a lack of attention to detail now, have they?
Manufactured as part of the Austrian BDU system, the M75 pants are made from the same fabric compositions commonly found in Austrian BDU shirts. This batch seems to be evenly split between a 50/50 cotton nylon blend and a 67/33 nylon rayon blend. Both are equally durable — your choice really comes down to fabric weight and your personal preference.
The 50/50 blended pants are slightly heavier and have a more muted "stonewashed" appearance. By contrast, the 67/37 M75s are a more vibrant green color and are slightly thinner due to the compact synthetic fibers.
Whichever blend you choose, rest assured you are buying quality. These pants have proved extremely durable for generations of Austrian conscripts and are plenty sturdy for the rest of us.
They are lightweight, comfortable, and good for warm, cold, and any other temperature in between. Dirt, scrapes, and scuffs that would destroy your jeans are laughed at mockingly in Austrian — what’s that? Oh, our intern is telling us that “Austrian” isn’t a language. Fine. Just imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger giving a full-muscled belly chuckle then. From your pants.
Comes with two spacious cargo pockets and literally the best front pockets we've ever seen on a pair of pants.
- Double-stitched vertical slash hand-pockets
- These pockets are perfect for modern phones. The square, roomy design means the rectangular smartphone bulge doesn't look like a tumor on your thigh
- The outside top corner of the pocket undergoes the most stress. So, it is reinforced with an internal square stress patch, sewn into the corner from the inside of the pants
- Seven wide 1.3" belt loops.
- Keeps your belt and any other gear or tools like carabiners or lanyards locked in
- 75" by 7.45" cargo pockets give you a lot of carrying capacity
- These cargo pockets are tapered on one side, which helps reduce obnoxious pocket sway when loaded
- Both pockets have a covered button closure to reduce snags
- The left leg cargo pocket has a small-buttoned compartment inside the pocket. Perfect for holding slim/minimalist wallets
- Classic five-button fly, just like your favorite raw denim jeans. With enough use these pants will break in like your favorite jeans too.
These pants have been vetted for holes, tears, and stains.