Hi-Tec, founded by Frank van Wezel in England, transformed the footwear industry by focusing on innovative, practical, and comfortable designs. The brand gained recognition with significant models like the Sierra Sneaker, a lightweight hiking boot, and the Silver Shadow running shoe, worn by nearly a quarter of runners in the 1981 London Marathon. Pioneering developments continued with the trail-blazing AirBall Concept midsole in the BW Infinity and the creation of dynamic, hybrid shoes for diverse outdoor activities.
Luckily enough, the MOD cared far more about their trainees feet than their teeth and decided that if it worked so well for the runners in the London Marathon, it certainly would help their recruits bang out more miles.
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate sole
- As used by the British Army for new recruit training
- Air Ball Technique
- Vibram RollinGait sole
- Long distance running shoes
- Thermoplastic Elastomer non marking sole
- So white that the American dental industry wants them banned
- Air mesh tongue for enhanced breathability and comfort
- Easy clean, supportive tumbled PU Upper
- Die cut EVA sock liner for underfoot cushioning
Sneakers have been hand sorted, and are in excellent condition. The outsole shows only minimal signs of use, with plenty of life left. May have minor scuffs or markings, as well as minor color variations. May have minor scuffs or markings, as well as minor color variations.