This is the Austrian Gore-Tex Hardshell — Built for the harshest heights of the alps, and torrential downpour in the Jungle. This is the shell everyone at KommandoStore has in their trunk.
Designed and produced under contract by a high-end Austrian ski-wear company, This is about as nice as it gets short of an Arc'Teryx LEAF Alpha Jacket (but we'd be sued into the ground if we told you that this is nearly the same thing for nearly 90% off. Which it totally isn't. We'd never say that.)
Featuring a PTFE Gore-Tex membrane, it keeps everything inside it perfectly dry for an extended period of time. Unlike a windproof jacket, the membrane doesn't "soak through" when it comes in contact with moisture of any kind, be it rain or snow (which the Austrians see quite a bit of).
The tuckable hood is extra large to accommodate helmets, and features a tidy shock cord arrangement that doesn't dangle or get caught up & snag on all the rest of your gear. It also has a shock-cord adjustable crown for properly fitting to heads & helmets large and small.
The 'napoleon' chest pockets are extremely large, making it an EDC machine. Phone, wallet, keys, and also large enough to comfortably hold another piece of Austrian engineering without any majorly suspicious shapes bulging out.
- Outer Shell: 100% Polyamid
- Membrane: 100% PTFE Gore-Tex
- Inner Lining: 100% Polyamid
- Zipper-secured closure with double-panel hook and loop storm flap
- Two low-profile vertical zippered Napoleon pockets
- Two low-profile hook and loop hand pockets
- Internal elastic buckle-adjusted cinch cords at hips and waist
- Hook and loop patches for nametape and shoulder patches
- Brimmed hood can be rolled inward, held in place by snaps for storage
- Adjustable hood drawstrings held in place with loops right under the collar. No more drawstrings flying into your face
- Some may have waterproof zippered underarm vents
Excellent: Minor to no wear marks, or blemishes may be present. No holes, tears, or fading.
Good: Wear-marks, and minor stains or signs of present. Hook and Loop portions may be absent from parka. No holes, tears, or fading. May require minor reapplication of seam adhesive in small portions of the jacket.