Another useful accessory from Eagle Industries and their seemingly infinite suite of Pouches is this Insert for NVGs.
Before Velcro-insert pouches were the norm, inserts like these allow the humble 100 round SAW pouch or USGI Canteen pouch to become a protective case for your fragile PVS-14. Featuring hard sides, this pouch will protect from bumps or falls that would normally crush whatever is inside the pouch. For such a low price it's a damn good insurance policy to have on your monocular, and it definitely beats having them mounted on your head all day — the only worse thing than a snag hazard is a $3000 one.
The ones we have here are in AOR2, also known as woodland digital camo that wasn't an abomination to look at. As previously mentioned, this insert will fit into surplus canteen & 100 round SAW magazines, but are also great for many medium to large general purpose pouches. These are intended for PVS-14 monocular, but similarly sized NVDs, Thermal units, and even some Duals will fit in as well. It's great for hunters who might want to put an expensive rangefinder in.
- Made in the USA by Eagle Industries
- AOR2 Camo
- Rigid sides keep NVG from being crushed during falls or drops
- Hook and loop allows for some adjustment to larger NV units, designed for PVS 14 styled monocular or thermals/rangefinders.
- Fits inside USGI MOLLE canteen pouches or 100 round SAW pouches
- It's 30 dollars to protect your multi-thousand dollar investment, c'mon. quit day-noodling and protect your NVD.
NVG Inserts are in unissued, factory new condition. AOR2 Pattern remains vibrant.