It's a well known fact that the USAF gets all the cool jackets. And the N3B Arctic parka is no exception. As many service members stationed in places like Alaska can attest to, this jacket rocks.
It's referred to as a "Snorkel" parka, for the way that the hood can also be zipped all the way up in a pretty comical fashion. You might laugh at how much you look like Kenny from South Park, but you'll be warmer and more protected from the wind in this than almost any other jacket on the market. On top of that, the hood features a synthetic fur (wool and modacrylic) ruff and lining.
Outside of it's wacky hood, the N3B features a big 3-buttoned storm flap, water-repellant outer shell, and large breast & hand pockets. You'll find everything is easy to manipulate with big gloves on by design - you can thank the large buttons and easy-to-grab zippers.
To keep the wind out and the heat in, it features elastic knit cuffs and an adjustable drawstring waist. The heavy weight polyester lining isn't the most cutting-edge technology, but it adds to the comfort of the jacket — it's like wearing a giant, soft weighted blanket.
The N3B is a 50s classic that hasn't gone out of style - and even in a style as old as this, it's still a performer in the winter.
- Made In The USA by DJ manufacturing (and others, but no Rothco here)
- 100% water-repellant cotton outer shell
- 60% modacrylic 40% wool synthetic fur
- 100% Acrylic knit
- Heavy polyester lining
- heavy duty YKK zippers with extra large pull for gloves
- Large buttons & snaps
- Large 3-button storm flap
- 2 snap-closure breast pockets
- 2 snap closure front hip pockets
- zipper-closed shoulder pocket with writing instrument pockets
- "Snorkel" Style zip-up hood
- Thick wool "ruff" keeps wind & snow off of face
- mid-pile synthetic fur lined hood
- Elastic wrist cuffs
- Drawstring hood & waist
Parkas are in excellent condition with no stains, blems, tears, cuts or holes.