One-upping the Army's gear as usual, the USMC's hydration carrier is an all-around upgrade to MOLLE II equipment, and has quite a few features and amenities.
The main pouch that holds a wide Camelbak®100 oz (3L) hydration bladder is well-covered, which along with an insulated drink tube can seriously keep your water a whole lot cooler in the heat. Even the cap is completely covered by a zipped flap over the top with a fastex buckle closure.
Please note this hydration carrier does not include a bladder, photos are for demonstration purposes only.
Moving down to the front pouch, there's a 3x4 PALS field on the exterior, and a zippered pocket with mesh organizers for water purification tablets, iodine, and other items you'd want to have with your hydration (also great for storing powdered electrolytes like Liquid IV or Pedialyte). It's great for cyclists or hikers who need a place to put their wallet & keys but don't want to carry a full pack.
The tuck-away shoulder straps can be unbuckled & stowed for integrating into the FILBE system or your plate carrier with side loops for Grimloc attachments, and are also low profile enough to be easily thrown on over a plate carrier for little additional bulk.
Overall, it's a well thought-out hydration carrier with a few upgrades over those such as the Camelbak Hydramax made for MOLLE II. The marines get the good stuff.
- Made in the USA by Eagle Industries
- Accepts Camelbak® 100 Oz (3L) Wide-body bladders (Not Included)
- 600D Coyote Brown Cordura nylon construction
- Adjustable & stowable shoulder straps with sternum strap & D-rings
- Grimloc loops for attaching to plate carriers or packs
- Front pocket for storing small items/water purification
- 3 x 4 rows of PALS webbing
- Name tape field
- Covers entire body of bladder to keep water cool
Carrier has no stains, rips, tears, holes, or blems. Hardware remains fully functional.
Carrier may exhibit minor writing, stains, blems, or fraying, but has no rips, tears, or holes. Hardware remains fully functional.