Almost immediately after being introduced during the Vietnam War, the M65 parka was cemented into the collective unconsciousness of the Western world. It is the military parka everyone and their mother knows. The design reigns king — like the AK47, the iPhone, and the McDonald's hamburger, some version of the M65 will be made until the end of time.
The Austrians have been making their virtually identical clone of the US M65 for some time now. In the past we've stocked their heavy cotton M65 — one of our all-time most popular products. This version is the generation after that, upgraded with modern synthetic waterproofing.
Sleek, sexy, and ready for rough stuff, it's a heavy jacket that'll shrug off whatever you (and nature) can throw at it. If you want a jacket you'll have for the rest of your life on this Earth and for the next three generations of your family, this is it.
These parkas come in two membrane types: PTFE GPTFE Gore-Tex and Sympatex. Regardless of the type, all parkas are identical in construction, appearance, and performance. If you have a preference, let us know in order comments, and we will do our best to find your membrane type in your size.
- Outer shell: 50% cotton / 50% polyester
- Membrane: 100% PTFE Gore-Tex or Sympatex
- Membrane carrier: 100% polyamide
- Lining: 100% polyamide
- Zipper-secured closure with double-panel snap storm flap
- Four large front pockets
- Cinch cord at hips
- Two zippered inside pockets
- Elastic snap cuff straps with three settings
- Zippered cavity on collar containing a pop-out hood fitted with a cinch cord
- With hood stored and parka fully zipped, collar covers the entirety of the neck with style
Condition and Care
- These parkas are all in like-new to great condition, and there are no holes, tears, or fading.
- Tag states to retreat non-Gore-Tex material after each wash.