Protecting the face is one of the most important functions of riot gear. Thrown projectiles, chemicals, and other aerial hazards are common in unruly crowds, and a very real danger to officer safety and coordination. In a pinch, many riot operations are conducted with just helmets and batons.
The Safariland/Protech 906/TR1000 is a family of non ballistic riot helmets that prioritizes lightweight blunt force protection, and a high quality Lexan face shield from Paulson.
The shell is a durable injection molded polycarbonate with a comfortable cushioned liner and simple chin strap harness. It also has a foam protector that extends from the bottom of the shell for extra coverage, with ear holes so your hearing isn't occluded. The shield also seals to the helmet when deployed to channel liquid & other small debris away from the user's eyes. The whole package weighs under 4 pounds, which makes it easy to wear for extended periods of time.
One size is going to fit most. Those of you who have larger heads, it might be a bit of a tighter squeeze. Warehouse lads with 23.5" and 24" head circumference measurements fit, but it was snug.
- Made in the USA by Protech
- Injection molded polycarbonate non-ballistic shell
- Total weight under 4 lbs
- 3.8mm Lexan face shield by Paulson Meets or exceeds MIL-V-43511C, EN 166, NIJ 0104.02, V-50
- Helmet meets NIJ 0104.02 riot helmet requirements
- Brim extends outwards for extra clearance to accept some gas masks
- Comfortable padded liner aids in impact reduction
- Liner extends down to neck with kydex layer for added protection without occluding hearing
- Chinstrap with flexible chin cup & quick release buckle
Helmets are in excellent condition, with only minor wear from storage and training.